Tips for Event makeup:
- Use a medium to full coverage foundation with a low SPF. Avoid using BB cream to avoid a reflective white cast in flash photography.
- Contour the sides of your face and the sides of your nose to give your face more dimension and make your face look smaller.
- Apply more blush than usual as the foundation will flatten the natural contours of your face.
- Fill in your eyebrows heavier than usual, especially if your look involves a smokey eye.
- Use a liquid eyeliner to decrease chances of smudging. When I use pencil eyeliner it always ends up around my inner tear duct region -__-.
- On the lower lash line, pull down the eyeshadow more than you usually would.
- Use false eyelashes for added drama!
- In my case as it was a long time before the event, I do not recommend highlighting with shimmer in case you have oily skin where it would add to the sheen.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation* in Early Tan
- Revlon Colorstay pressed powder in Light/Medium
- Australis Paparazzi Perfect blush* in Screen Siren
- Naked eyeshadow palette*
- Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner in Black
- Ebay False lashes
- Sleek Face Contour kit
- Rimmel Nude Delight lipstick*
I curled my hair with a 1.5 inch curling iron for glamorous large, loose waves.
You can really see the difference that blush makes to your base! These photos were taken before work, unfortunately there were no photos taken at the event because I forgot to bring my camera! However I did snap a picture on my phone in the car after work: