|Contacts are Freshkon Colorblends in Grey|
AOA Short Hair Hyejeong Inspired Makeup Look
Saturday, 19 July 2014
Hi everyone! I don't follow Kpop that regularly, but I saw AOA's Short Hair MV (Go watch! It's adorable) last week and immediately wanted to recreate some of their make up looks. I loved their bold makeup and wanted to recreate the boldest look of them all- Hyejeong! No point recreating a 'natural' makeup look, in my opinion ^^.
I took some screen shots of her makeup for reference. The reason why I called this an 'inspired' look is because I didn't end up looking quite like her due to lighting differences and slight makeup variation.
I love that you can only see a little bit of her eyelid makeup when she is looking up, but when she looks down, her bright red and pink eyeshadow pops! I also love the bottom eyelash detail that many of the other members were sporting as well.
Here is my recreation:
1. Blend a light pink eyeshadow all over your lid slightly over the crease.
2. Pat a red eyeshadow on the inner 1/3 of your lid. Not many people have as bright a red as what Hyejeong wore in the MV, me included, so I used Stylenanda's 3CE Burgundy eyeshadow in #Saturn.
3. Line your eyes with a thick line of black liner and wing it only 2mm past your upper lash line.
4. Curl and apply lots of mascara to your eyelashes and apply a wispy pair of natural false eyelashes.
5. Apply a natural matte brown eyeshadow to your lower lash line for slight definition.
6. Take your single lower lashes and glue 4 bunches a few mm below your actual lower lash line for the illusion of bigger eyes. *I actually painstakingly trimmed my clusters in the middle to make them shorter and look more like Hyejeong's.
7. Draw a straight line over the 'root' of the bottom falsies so you end up with a 'dashed' line, just like Hyejeong's.
Gluing the bottom eyelashes on was definitely the most time consuming part of the process! I don't know how some girls do this every day. It almost took all of my patience!
Finish off with a peachy pink lipstick, a touch of rosy blush and highligher along your cheekbones and nose bridge.
Please let me know if you would like me to post all the products I used!
I hope you enjoyed this guide!
PS. Yesterday I ordered a ring light from Ebay so hopefully there will be more even lighting in future blog posts. Fingers crossed shipping is fast!